Monday 12 November 2012

One girls mission for long locks!

Do you dream of long luscious locks like that featured in every shampoo advert in the country? Me too. Infact the battle over length between myself and my hair has been going out for quite some time! So long so I often resort to going to the hairdressers and getting it chopped because I'm so fed up of no change. Ever since my mother encouraged me too get a long bob when I was 14 my hair has never been the same. However six months ago I set myself a challenge... its time to pull out all the stop and have gorgeous long locks by the end of the year.

I invested in a 'dohnut' (greatest invention ever), put my beloved GHDs to one side and invested in a ton of hair care products, bargain ones at that. So I'm going to share with you my top tips for growing your hair.

There are soo many products out there that claim to make your hair grow but after trying out a few options I've discovered the best way to grow your hair is by getting into the best condition as possible and laying off the straighters.

It all started when I won a Schwarzkopf Proffesional time restore gift set at a raffle believe it or not. The range is aimed to repair the hair and protect it from ageing.
I used the shampoo daily along with the leave in conditionor spray,  a product which I have only recently discovered and now couldn't live without, and then the treatment cream every 3 to 4 days for about 10 minutes. The effects definately showed as my hair was in a noticeably better condition. My hair looked softer and full of life as well as smelling gorgeous!
 
Unfortunately these products don't last forever and have proved increasingly difficult to find in any of the usual beauty haunts. Although a quick search of the internet does show results but at around £10 per product I felt it was time to go for the next best option. After browsing the aisles of boots I came across the Dove intensive repair range. The range is aimed at restoring dry and damaged hair and costs between £2-4 so is an absolute bargain. It is also currently half price at superdrug for just £1.29 each! So its cheap and it works! It has the same if not better results than its more expensive competition and is great for daily use.
However my must have buy for gourgeous lock definately has to be...
Aussie 3 minute miracle deep conditoning treatment! It is by far the best of its kind on the market! It smells gorgeous and leaves your hair looking and feeling revived and fabulous. It is also available in handy one use sachet's that you can pick up for £1 from most supermarkets and boots stores! If you follow any of my tips, follow this one! You won't be able to live without!
Some more tips include:
                                        Putting these to one side...                                            
 
  
and investing in one of these...

 



 
 
So although my hair isn't quite down to my bum just yet, it is a much healthier condition!Give me another six months and I may have some more positive news for you...

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment