Saturday 16 March 2013

Nail Art for amateurs!

So of course we aren't all skilled in the craft of nail art, but I for one love to experiment with new styles as you can tell from my previous posts. Nail art doesn't have to be difficult it can just be as simple as polka dots and stripes which is the look I'm going to show you today!

One thing every Nail Art fan should own is the 'Wah! Book of Nail Art'. It is is full of step by step guides to loads of clever different styles from simple bows to intricate roses. The book is aimed at anyone and really shows you how to do each of the looks with the correct tools and stages to make it perfect.

Today I combined two of the looks 'Candystripes' and 'Polka Dots' because I have to be different you know that... So I'm going to share with you how easy it was to complete!

Barry M is definitely my go to nail varnish brand, so much choice at such reasonable prices.
So for this look I used two pastels colours which I felt would blend well together, 'Mint Green' and 'Berry Lilac'. Start off by painting two coats of the colour on each nail and leaving to dry.
For Step Two I used an Avon double ended dotting tool and brush, which you just pop into the nail varnish of your choice. It can be quite messy so an alternative is Models Own Nail Art pens. I dipped the dotting tool into a plain black varnish and drop small dots randomly around the nail. Careful not to smudge the dots.
Once you have finished the dots on alternative nails, I chose the Lilac nails for the dots. Clean your dotting tool and switch it to the brush end. Carefully brush straight lines vertically up the nail. This is more tricky than the dots as its difficult to get the line straight, especially if you have shaky hands like me! But we don't need to be perfect do we?

 
So what do you think?
Send me your looks!
 
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment