Monday 25 March 2013

Ciate Colourfoil Manicure: Review

By now you will know I'm a big fan of Ciate's manicure kits! Although slightly more expensive than other brands they are always ahead of the competition with new creative designs. And I for one love nothing more than sitting down to try them. So when I seen an instagram pic of Kimberly Wyatt wearing the Ciate Colourfoil Manicure I knew I needed to try it! So you can imagine my excitement when my brother came home from London this weekend with a Selfridges Bag! I chose the 'Carnival Couture' kit but there is two other colours to choose from with different foils and colours. So here's my step by step guide to the kit...
Duration: 45 minutes (the duration of Towie!)
Price: £18
I love that Ciate included a testing set for you to try out different styles, really helpful when your not sure how it will look and haven't got time to make mistakes!
Firstly, paint each nail with two coats of the Ciate base coat and leave to dry. Quick Tip: It's good to make sure your hand is comfortable when doing styles like this that take a little longer, I bought this manicure cushion from Ebay for £1.99, bargain!
 Secondly, paint a small amount of the Ciate glue on the area, only where you want your foil to go. Once the glue has gone from white to clear, place the foil sheet colour side up on the spot of glue. Rub it down and then remove in once quick movement. This can be slightly tricky, especially if the glue is not dry. Repeat this process with three or four more foils.
Repeat the process for each nail, alternating between colours and patterns. I painted a clear polish over the top as the nails were quite sticky from the glue and to help the look last longer.
 And there you have your beautiful colourfoil nails! I love love this look. Like all of Ciate's kits they don't always last as long as you would like, but great for a night out or special occasion and out of all the kits I have tried so far this definitely lasted the longest at four days. I got a lot of compliments on my nails while I had this on and its definitely one of my favourite looks Ciate have developed so far.
 
Look forward to what you will come up with next Ciate!
What do you think?
xox


No comments:

Post a Comment