Tuesday 19 February 2013

Tartan for a fiver? Why not!

I love love love the tartan design. Timeless and beautiful it gives life to any outfit. I have loved tartan since I was a child sitting on my Nana's tartan picnic blankets and cuddling into her tartan scarves. However I have never found it that easy to pull off and its only recently when tartan made a comeback on the high street that I decided it was time to reignite my love. I came across a few tartan skirts on missguided.com which were gorgeous but then I came across a gorgeous little tartan skater style skirt for just £5 at Internationale and I was not about to turn it down!

The skirt is so versatile and you can where it day or night to achieve a gorgeous eye catching look. I have so many compliments when wearing it and people are surprised at how cheap it was! And a major plus is that its subtle enough not to feel like you stick out like a sore thumb but still grabs attention.

Here is some looks I have achieved:

Look One: Simple Black Tee

 
Look Two: Cosy with a Chunky Knit
 

 
Look Three: Girls night with a high neck blouse!

 
So there you have it, I fell in love with some bargain tartan, what little treasures have you found in the sales recently?
 
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment